If you're reading this blog, you probably know how I/my team did last weekend. Josh Carter won both crits, and the team rode very well as a whole.
However, for most of the year, I've been pack fodder; sitting 50+ back the entire race, not doing a damn thing aside from dragging people up to the front from time to time.
Well, I decided that that isn't the most effective use of my time, and if I'm not going to RACE my bike, well, I might as well not show up to the races. So, last Sunday, I put in a couple of digs. Didn't get too far each time, but I got a feel for the effort.
Today, I put in a couple of digs. About 4 of them, actually. Got away for two+ laps twice, before people starting skipping turns, the pace dipped, and people eventually welded the field back up to the break.
I also did a good amount of chasing and blocking today. I'm not going to lie; seeing the look on someone's face when you drag the field back up to their last ditch, 100% effort is priceless. And, while I'm not promoting negative racing, I have to get my jollies when and where I can, and ruining someone elses chances while increasing my team mates' is pretty fun. Obviously, I'd rather have my own attack stick and get a top 10 spot that way, but if chasing and having a teammate counter over the top brings us the results, I'll take that too. Seeing both Brett and Steve get a nice result from their respective counter-attacks was definitely cool. Hopefully I can start making moves of my own stick soon.
Maybe pics from Peoria. Maybe not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
this blog gets less action than the author, if that is even possible...your reader base (Bert) requires an update.
Post a Comment