Monday, March 23, 2009

Hood River Part Deux

So I've been in the Hood for 6 days now. The highlights? Work is pretty cool (learning = best thing ever), and the riding is awesome.

Lowlights? The Dupage Credit Union f***ed up, and my cell phone has one foot in the grave.

This is probably the shortest update ever, but I have some pretty rad pics to make up for it, so check them out. Please note that the one trail pictured is pretty uncharacteristic of the area; many (most?) are still under a bit/a lot of snow, but are filled with 20-60min climbs and wind through the timber of Mt. Hood National Forest. However, being a Midwestern boy, a 30min climb and 50 degree weather in March are both amazing, so I'm willing to get over the semi-drab surroundings until the other trails open up for business.










4 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr. K said...

So what prompted the exodus from the midwest??? The Area surrounding Hood is pretty cool, you can hit so many climates in such a short drive. I spent soem time out that way (bend/portland/B.C.) years ago and it is awesome.

Drop me a line and let me know what you are doing.

tjkeeley said...

zzzzzzzz

Anona said...

yeeeea goodbye illinois ! D.Penn & I are moving out to Portland in August via bicycle. we'll get there just in time for cross season ! see u soon !