Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why Hello There, Sun.

Like many of my fellow Midwesterners, I have been bitching for quite some time about the weather we've had this winter. And, like most of those who complain, I check the weather pretty regularly, looking for a day or two when I won't get dumped on from the heavens, or freeze to death should I stop riding for 30 seconds outside.

Well, turns out the tide is turning, so to speak. While I'm certain that we'll get another 3 inches of snow before spring is officially here, I'm please to see that we'll be getting several days in a row of 55 degree weather. Will I get rained on from the turnaround point, all the way home, on every ride? Most certainly. Will I flat both front and rear simultaneously, resulting in the cyclist's version of the walk of shame? Pretty bloody likely.

But, I've waited all winter for this, and I'm willing to take those risks. As long as it's not 40 and pouring, in the Biblical sense, I'll be outside for at least an hour a night, until next winter.

No comments: