Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hood River, OR.







Well, this has been a long time in materializing. Some time, in the middle of April, I will drive my champaign colored Subaru Impreza from Winfield, IL, to Hood River, OR, loaded down with as much junk as it can safely hold.

In the rare event that anyone ever reads this post, no, it has nothing to do with the town that I grew up in, or the people I've come to call my friends. Really, leaving Wheaton/Winfield and my friends will probably be the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm moving to a place I've never been, where I know one (1) person, and the only frame of reference I have comes from friends, Google image searches, GoogleEarth, and MapMyRide. After 5pm every day, I won't have anyone to talk to, to hang out with, or otherwise spend time.

Those of you that know me fairly well understand that I am a person who does just fine by myself; since I've been home from college, and aside from riding, I have maybe 15min of conversation/interaction a day with parents, friends, or people at the local coffee shop. So really, I don't foresee that part of my life taking a downward plunge. If anything, this will finally force me out of my shell a bit, and I'll actually make an effort to meet new people.

However, I'm hopeful, and confident, that I'll meet plenty of people who are into the same sort of crap I'm into. Campfires, nights skies, and laughter. Bikes an added bonus.

3 comments:

Craig Erbach said...

Good Luck out there skeeter!

Looks like a beautiful place to live. The hardest part will probably be getting used to riding in the rain.

Andy said...

According to Weather.com, Hood River actually gets less rainfall per year than Chicago.

I know, not what I was expecting, either.

Craig Erbach said...

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!