Tuesday, April 1, 2008

F**k me and call me Sally. No more 'Toona.

Well, sort of.

The Tour de 'Toona is going to be a single day this year. And not only that, but a crit. Lame.

While crits have grown on me in recent (well, I've only been racing for two) years...err...times, my goal for the season was to wind it up at some sort of mountainous stage race this summer. Crush souls, go fast in an uphill manner, that sort of thing.

So, I'm looking to find some sort of replacement. Anyone knows of any sweet, sweet road races that feature one or several 5+ mile climbs, in the KY/PA/TN/NC/VA/WV region of the nation, let me know. I'm going to get pummeled this season, and I think it's only right that I get a chance to dish it right back, just once, to some locals out East.

Synopsis: find me a race with wicked mean climbs, out East.

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

Skeety, Look at Fitchburg, or the green mountain stage race. From what I gather they both have a fair amount of climbing.

tjkeeley said...

fu@k hills, you looked strong today. Nice job, again the shoes look fab.