Saturday, November 29, 2008

Well, I've been able to ride in real, honest-to-goodness sunshine the last two days, and by the way things look right now, I should be able to get in two more rides during the day this Saturday and Sunday.

While this may seem lame to some, as a person who works from 8am-5pm, five days a week, I rarely see sunshine, unless it's through a window or perambulating the ten seconds from my car to the back door of the office. And days like this, despite the 35 degree weather, are pretty nice. I can go out, ride my bike for 2-3hrs, and get away from the hustle and bustle of life, to one degree or another. Especially on a mountain bike.

And, somehow, I got sunburned today. Perhaps it was the sun reflecting off the snow on the path, or the fact that my skin has reverted to its normal winter shade of "deathly ill white" and has little to no ability to resist burning at this point in the year. Whatever it is, I don't mind.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Going MTBing with Jay and Ed tomorrow, and perhaps Tim if he can drag his lazy ass out of bed.

Oh, and the new word of the week is "roostin'"; it's an MTB term that I think relates to railing a hard turn on the very edge of your tire's traction/grip. Stolen from Adam Craig, US MTB champ. Funny dude.

No comments: