So, just a real quick life update or two.
1) I'm super burned out on the road riding/racing scene. At least around here, that is. Riding in DuPage County, particularly in my neck of the woods, limits me to a VERY small selection of routes that are safe. All of them involve me heading out towards the Fox River, in one way or another. I'm determined to get out to California/Arizona/Some Place Warm this winter to ride up mountains and relieve some of the depression caused by sunlight deficiency.
2) I have a new (my first real one) mountain bike on order. No more just talking about it; it's still probably just a collection of aluminum tubes up in Wisconsin, but it's on the way. Gary Fisher Paragon. 29" of fast rolling awesomeness. And, due to the 29" wheel size, I can strap on my PT harness, throw my PT wheel on, and take it out on the Prairie Path in the dead of winter to get some data (For those that don't know, I'm particularly susceptible to overheating, even in a 40 degree garage with a fan on) and to keep myself sane.
3) I've seen a lot of people from my HS graduating class recently. And oddly, I didn't feel repulsed by the situation. Kind of cool to see people I haven't seen in 5 years. It was nice to talk to people and just shoot the breeze and catch up. Had some laughs, drank some beers, and had a genuinely good time for the first time in a while. Talked to girls, even. Crazy, I know. And, I'd also like to take a moment and congratulate Ryan and Amy Patton on their marriage Friday night; great to see two wonderful people tying the knot and starting a new life together. All the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment