Saturday, February 23, 2008

C.R.E.A.M.

For those of you, particularly the pale, John Meyers-esque white folks out there, C.R.E.A.M. is a song by the WuTang Clan, a hiphop/rap group. It's an acronym for "Cash Rules Everything Around Me" and I'm finding that to be truer and truer, each and every day.

Basically, I just dropped $150 to buy some new Look Keo Carbon pedals. Well, turns out my Speedplays weren't worn out; I just had a bum left cleat. So, I'm going to be selling the new ones, not even taking them out of the packaging. Given the prices I see on Ebay, I should be able to get all of the purchase price back. But, it's still a hassle.

And, I'm going to be saddled with a $400 debt when my new wheels come in, if they ever do. Oh, and I might switch from Chorus to Rival shifters/RD. Another ~300 bones.

This isn't the most exciting news for someone trying to save up money to afford his own place, pay auto insurance, car and student loans...

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

...Dolla-dolla bills yall.

Fiscal irresponsibility is so much fun.