Even though I already posted in the new year, I feel it is necessary to express my hopes and concerns for 2008.
My job. I make enough money, I like what I do, and I'm fairly competent. However, I don't feel like I'm pushing myself to learn new things, like CAD, as soon as I could or as fast as I'm able. In order to make more money in the future, I need to develop these skills in order to make myself more valuable to both my company and our clients.
Cycling. I want to kick ass. I mean, really, really kick ass. I want to drive the train at 34, surf people up to the front at 36, TT at 27, climb at 5.5w/kg for extended time periods. Start racing on the track, win a race or two there. Move up to the 1s on the road, 3s on the track. Generally blow shit apart, and by shit, I mean races.
"Love Life". Quotes because I'm not expecting to find the love of my life in the next year, nor am I pressuring myself to do that. But, I'd like to get out more, meet new people, and go on dates with people. Sad, but I had more balls in high school than I do now. I went on dates with girls moderately frequently. Now? Haven't been on a date since August, or maybe even July.
Life in general. As it is right now, I'm pretty content. Not particularly joyful or enthusiastic, but not sad all the time either. Just sort of...neutral. Maybe this is because nothing mentioned above is going particularly well, and nothing is going poorly at the moment. Well, aside from the last point. I get along with my friends, ride my bike 2hrs a day, go out on weekends, and don't hate my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment